Dark Nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Nightmares

where the darkest of desires take shape, or where the worst nightmares are born

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Starboard Messenger
The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Devouring midnight
The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Simplicity.
The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Siren's Song
The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Insanity
The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Trophy Life
The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm by Šāγŭм¡

» Lena Zoia [Human/Yuki-Onna
The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am by LenaZoia

» Tene (The Hand Girl)
The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm by Guest

» Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm by Ambyrawrawr

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 am

The Broken Route

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:21 am

The trees were all aligned nicely along the path as if it was man made but judging by how the branches curved her and there one could tell it was the work or nature and not man. The long dirt road could be seen coming to an end near a small beach where the sound of salty sea water could be heard crushing into rocks.

The smell of the see reached hi nose and he breathed in deeply, "I can almost taste it now. We'll be home soon.", he sighed as he dug his hands into the pockets of his jeans. He walked smoothly occasionally looking back over his shoulder as something could be heard moving in the branches overhead.

He reached the beach within a few minutes and dropped to the ground with a sigh of relief. He turned his gaze upwards and glanced upon the beautiful moon as it hung peacefully in the calm night sky.
Back to top Go down
LenaZoia
Insane Poster
Insane Poster
LenaZoia

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:01 pm

Standing on the beaches edge, where the grass and the rocks/sand meet, would be herself. Her wandering hues looekd around to see where she could place her stuff, that she carried with her in a small backpack. The back pack was pretty worn out, but she used it, none-theless. Finding a flat surface upon the grass, she settled down on the grass, laying down on her stomach, laying her 20x24 canvas on the soft grass infront of her. The paint being beside the canvas, but not close either. She started to paint the blue night sky and the waters, with a rough moon painting in the water for the reflection. Everything in her painting would look like it had been done so by a 6 year old, easy and simple.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 6:08 am

His hues drifted slowly towards the sea and scanned the surrounding area, the smell of salt was coming and going in motion with the waves. he stood and began to move towards the water, holding his rucksack by one strap in his right hand, the sack's free strap softly dragged along the beach creating a soothing scratching sound as he moved.

He reached the waters edge and pulled the sack up to his chest, he tugged softly at the zipper and it slid open smoothly. He dug one hand into the sack and removed a jar containing what looked like dirt. He dropped the sack and removed the lid on the jar, he began to pour the dirt into the ocean. he let out a soft sigh and spoke in a blank tone, "I hope this works...", a tear ran down his cheek and hung off his chin before dropping into the ocean as well.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:07 am

Splintering wood dug into the backs of Laelia's knees. The pier had long since snapped, having being subjected to the elements for longer than should be necessary. But that didn't stop her climbing across the broken pine, sitting on the very last plank. Waves swirling beneath her, she sighed in content.

She could hear the heavy footsteps on the sand, the beach was turning out more people than normal. Usually this place was completely desolate. It seemed crowded despite only two other being there. Brushing off the odd though, she curled her fingers around the edge of the pier. Wincing in pain as a small piece of wood sliced into the digit. Sticking the open wound into her mouth, she sucked idly on it.
"Someone should fix this." She told herself quietly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ambyrawrawr
LenaZoia
Insane Poster
Insane Poster
LenaZoia

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Her painting was starting to get a lot more detailed, as soon as she thought she was finished, she saw two other beings. She washed her paint brushes, the ones she needed for painting smaller details. In a sperate container she washed the paint brushes, and started to paint the two people. One sucking on a wound, and the other being pouring sand into the ocean. She painted the two things, and again when she was done, she let it stay out as she let her utencils and painting dry.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:04 pm

He pushed the lid back onto the jar and slid it into the rucksack then swung it over his shoulder and waited. A few seconds later the ground began to shake softly, bubbles began to break the still of the ocean's surface. The magnitude began to increase and the shakes now became unnatural but he still stood, still and quietly.

Waves rushed to the shore as a figure began to emerge from the depths of the ocean. What appeared to be a bridge had attached itself to the edge of the pier and reached into the far distance to another island. He turned and faced the pier and the newly active bridge, "I guess it worked then. The Broken Path....", he began to walk towards it, taking no note of the femme sitting with her paint materials nearby.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:46 pm

She dug her fingers tightly into the rotting wooden pole as the ground shook, her own form trembling lightly. Large unblinking eyes widen in shock as more wooden planks slotted into place where her legs had been moments before. But instead of looking decrepit like the rest of the pier, it looked freshly cut, a light smell of pine still lingering as it stretched past her eyesight line.
"What the...?" She mused, running her fingers gently over new wood, forgetting about the small splinter still inside her finger.
Back to top Go down
LenaZoia
Insane Poster
Insane Poster
LenaZoia

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:01 pm

She was carefully painting, untill the ground started to shake, making her hand, and the board shake. She cussed loudly as she thought the painting was going nicely, but now it has a big long purple streak running across from it, cancling everything.

Sitting up and packing her things quickly, not caring her bag gets damp and the paint gets everywhere. Then it just accured to her that the ground shook, and she paused. She ran towards the female, looking as if she got injured or something, "Are you alright? Do you know what that was about?"

Questions started to run through her mind, and then her gaze fell over to the male, and a big question mark was floating above her head, not literally.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 am

He neared the femme by the bridge and looked at her curiously wondering what she was doing in a place like this. He came to a sudden halt as the femme who was painting earlier ran past him and towards the other femme questioning her, he continued to walk towards them.

He looked down at both of them as he arrived the area at which the bridge changed from a dark brown-green to a fresh light brown tint, "Things are going to a lot more dangerous around here. Cross the bridge immediately.", he said in a cold tone then bolted passed them, running as though something monstrous was chasing him.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Blinking in confusion, she rose to her feet, jamming her thumb back into her mouth. Brushing off the females questions, she turned to see what could possibly be causing the male to run so fast.
Seeing nothing, she inwardly shrugged. All set to sit down once again. Though the bitterness in his tone disturbed her, refusing to let her get comfy on what was once a pier.

A light frown passed her lips, mentally dithering between following and running home. Squeezing her eyes shut, she chose the former. Slowly padding across the bridge.
Back to top Go down
LenaZoia
Insane Poster
Insane Poster
LenaZoia

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:12 pm

She looked to the male, then to the bridge. She followed behind the male, but not as fast. She went her own pace of speed across the bridge, which was a light jog. She didn't like going others paces, unless it was her own. If she wanted to walk, she would. Did things by her own will sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Dust Killagin
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Dust Killagin

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:36 am

He reached the other side in no time flat and dropped to the sandy beach of the new island. Gazing around he noticed a dense forest around the center of the island, where he needed to be. "Looks like this isn't going to be an easy one.", he sighed.

He walked up to where the brush began and stood staring into it wondering what unimaginable nightmares lurk within it. He drew th blade strung around his back and swung it, cutting down a few bushes, he began to move through at a steady pace.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:44 pm

It took her a good twenty minutes to reach the other side of the pier. Stopping, she bent down to remove her shoes. Holding them tightly in one hand, the warmth of the sand on her feet was relieving, slowly soothing away any worries she had possessed about leaving the only place she had ever been.

Stretching, she decided to sit in the sand, rolling her shoulder back and squirming on the warm grains. Finally getting comfy, she was suddenly aware of the pain throbbing in her thumb. Sticking the digit back into her mouth, she sucked on it, easing the ache.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Broken Route Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Broken Route   The Broken Route I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Broken Route
Page 1 of 1